By Chris Corin,Terry Fiehn
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and knowing in their AQA breadth research via professional narrative, innovative abilities improvement and bespoke essays from major historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' knowing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the main ideas of switch, continuity, reason and end result, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they strengthen throughout the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by means of delivering transparent suggestions and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative abilities and curiosity in heritage via prolonged analyzing possibilities such as particularly commissioned essays from practicing historians on suitable debates
- Cements knowing of the large concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the main questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Read or Download AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Aqa Alevel History) PDF
Best russian history books
Why did the USSR linger goodbye in Afghanistan? What makes this account of the Soviet-Afghan clash either well timed and demanding is its concentrate on the standards that avoided the Soviet management from finishing a demoralizing and expensive warfare and at the long term results for the Soviet Union and the sector.
The Eighties introduced a whirlwind of switch to Communist get together politics and the Soviet Republic. through mid-decade, Gorbachev’s rules of perestroika and glasnost had opened the door to democratic reform. Later, mounting public unrest over the failed economic climate and demands independence between many republics ended with the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
Literature is not just approximately aesthetics, but additionally nearly both approximately economics. The profitable advertising and marketing of an writer and his literary works is extra depending on the actions of cultural retailers than at the specific phrases and words present in the author’s prose. the first concentration of this booklet is the production of symbolic capital for the literary legacies of Leonid Andreev and Vladimir Nabokov that used to be finally exchanged by means of cultural retailers for monetary and ideological revenue.
Within the 19th century, the Russian Empire's center Volga quarter (today's Tatarstan) was once the positioning of a protracted fight among Russian Orthodoxy and Islam, every one of which sought to solidify its effect one of the frontier’s mixture of Turkic, Finno-Ugric, and Slavic peoples. The rapid catalyst of the occasions that Agnes Nilufer Kefeli chronicles in changing into Muslim in Imperial Russia used to be the collective flip to Islam by way of a few of the region’s Krashens, the Muslim and animist Tatars who switched over to Russian Orthodoxy among the 16th and eighteenth centuries.
- Resurgent Russia in 2030: Challenge for the USAF - Alternate Russian Futures, Political, Economic, and Military Background, Rising Power, Friend or Foe, Implications for the American Military
- La Chiesa cattolica dell’Europa centro-orientale di fronte al comunismo: Atteggiamenti, strategie, tattiche (Italian Edition)
- The Road to Terror (Annals of Communism Series)
- A un passo dall'Apocalisse: Il collasso sovietico, 1970-2000 (Italian Edition)
- Models of Democracy in Nordic and Baltic Europe: Political Institutions and Discourse (The Nordic Experience)
Extra info for AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Aqa Alevel History)
AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Aqa Alevel History) by Chris Corin,Terry Fiehn